The Paula Abdul Straight-Up Forum
Welcome to The new Paula Abdul Straight-Up Forum! Were happy to have you! Don't be shy.. please reply! This forum will only be as good as it's members. If less people post then less people will show up. Enjoy!
DreamHrt
Welcome to The new Paula Abdul Straight-Up Forum! Were happy to have you! Don't be shy.. please reply! This forum will only be as good as it's members. If less people post then less people will show up. Enjoy!
DreamHrt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Round Two of the Semi-finals - 1/19/11

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

Round Two of the Semi-finals - 1/19/11 Empty
PostSubject: Round Two of the Semi-finals - 1/19/11   Round Two of the Semi-finals - 1/19/11 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 2:10 am

Smile Welcome to the second week of the semi-finals. Our show starts off with Andrew Gunsberg welcoming us as well as the judges to the show. Tonight we will find out to was the second entry from last week.

Seems the two highest vote-getters were Jittin Genius and D'Angelo and Amanda. What a tough choice as I liked both so much. So who is now in the finals; It's D'Angelo and Amanda who are so excited and happy to be moving on.

Crying or Very sad I was not too happy with the six acts who perform tonight because I like so many of them so it was sad to know only two of them would be moving on to the finals.

lol! Let's get started with the first act which is 9 year old Jalen. I might mention that each of the acts tells us a little something about themselves before they perform and also Paula once again works with each contestant.

Jalen does a wow job with his hip-hop as he performs to the songs "Everybody Dance Now", "Hey, Ho" and "Can't Touch This". Each of the judges are impressed as am I and he earns three gold stars.

Next up is Dance In Flight who have been together for 10 years. They are an older couple who give us an act to the music of Paula Abdul's "Opposite Attract" and some "Pink Panther" music. I thought this couple was sort of cute but in reality they did not dance much but did alot of lifts that did not always go good. I applaud their efforts as did the judges however they only got two gold stars.

Twitch appears next and does a unusual dance to the song "Apologize". It seemed like they were telling a story and I liked it. The judges did too and gave them 3 gold stars. This group is very good and their male dancer is awesome. I hope they go far.

Shocked I was a shocked that the judges did not appreciate the talents of the next contestant who is Du Shaunt Stegall. I loved his moves as he dances to the song "OMG" by Usher. This kid can really dance and in spite of the 3 red stars our judges gave him I am so hoping some executive viewing this kid give him a shot.

Dax and Sarah are next but sadly Dax has been suffering with a bad back throughout the week. During rehearsal we see his back acts up again and Paula insists he go to see a doctor. The doctor gives him a temporary fix so he can dance his number. Their theme this week is a French setting as they do their lindy hop. Dax does well but overall the dance was kind of boring so had to agree with the red star given by Travis Payne. Kimberley and Paula gave them gold.

I love the beauty that White Tree Fine Art give when they dance. Tonight was no exception as they tell a story while they dance to the song "Hallelujah". The lifts were great! Kimberley gives them a standing ovation. Travis was so wrong to give them a red star because he just does not feel their vibe. The audience wants him to change his vote but he keeps the red. Paula gives them gold.

Very Happy Now comes the judges choice for who will move on to the finals and I am thrilled knowing that White Tree Fine Art is moving on. I am hoping Twitch will be the other one but it comes down to the public's vote. I am also hoping good things happen for DuShaunt and Jalen but do feel they have lots of time to gain success in their futures as they are young.

Next week our final 6 semi-finalists will perform so until then I now bid you a good week ahead.
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Admin
DreamHrt

PostSubject: Re: Round Two of the Semi-finals - 1/19/11   Round Two of the Semi-finals - 1/19/11 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 7:28 pm

CC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy to see you re capping LTD! Thank you so much!! I am also happy to see that your watching!!! I love love love the show!!! Im sorry this forum is slow lord knows im trying.. but I dont have the one thing that brings them in.. the celeb themselves lol Keep posting though I love reading them Smile
Back to top Go down
https://paulaabdulfans.forumotion.com
azsoul

azsoul

PostSubject: Re: Round Two of the Semi-finals - 1/19/11   Round Two of the Semi-finals - 1/19/11 EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 2:08 am

I've been watching Live To Dance too. It's fun and I like the idea that there is no age limit on the contestants. I'm rooting for White Tree Fine Art. They are amazing.
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Admin
DreamHrt

PostSubject: Re: Round Two of the Semi-finals - 1/19/11   Round Two of the Semi-finals - 1/19/11 EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 11:59 am

ehh I dont get what all the whoopie is about WTFA.. sorry guys. Not my thing. I really liked Jalin but they booted him out (whine) we shall see what happens
Back to top Go down
https://paulaabdulfans.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round Two of the Semi-finals - 1/19/11   Round Two of the Semi-finals - 1/19/11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Round Two of the Semi-finals - 1/19/11
Page 1 of 1