The Paula Abdul Straight-Up Forum
Welcome to The new Paula Abdul Straight-Up Forum! Were happy to have you! Don't be shy.. please reply! This forum will only be as good as it's members. If less people post then less people will show up. Enjoy!
DreamHrt
Welcome to The new Paula Abdul Straight-Up Forum! Were happy to have you! Don't be shy.. please reply! This forum will only be as good as it's members. If less people post then less people will show up. Enjoy!
DreamHrt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Judge Paula Abdul Has 'Got to Dance' in New Show

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DreamHrt
Admin
DreamHrt

Judge Paula Abdul Has 'Got to Dance' in New Show Empty
PostSubject: Judge Paula Abdul Has 'Got to Dance' in New Show   Judge Paula Abdul Has 'Got to Dance' in New Show EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 2:55 pm

Have you missed the effervescent and eternally positive musings of Paula Abdul on primetime TV? Well, the former 'American Idol' judge has landed a new job at CBS, as the lead judge and mentor on 'Got to Dance,' according to the Hollywood Reporter.

The show is based on the British hit and will feature dancers of all ages with performances ranging "from ballroom to break dance, bhangra to ballet, and tap to tango." On the UK version, acts compete in front of a panel of judges and viewers vote for their favorites.
CBS will make the news official on Monday. Abdul is also expected to be an executive producer on the series, which is being developed by ShineReveille.

'Got to Dance' will likely air mid-season, and as the Reporter notes, that would pit Abdul directly against both the next season of 'Idol' and Simon Cowell's new show, 'The X-Factor.'

Abdul used Twitter to announce her departure from 'Idol' last August. In a series of tweets, Abdul said: "With sadness in my heart, I've decided not to return to #IDOL."

She went on to say that she would "miss nurturing all the new talent, but most of all being a part of a show that I helped from day 1 become an international phenomenon." In another tweet, Abdul said that she wanted to express "how much I appreciate the undying support and enormous love that you have showered upon me ... I do without any doubt have the BEST fans in the entire world and I love you all."

With 'Got to Dance,' Abdul will get to the kind of nurturing she craves.

CBS now joins the other three major networks in having a dance-related show -- the most popular being ABC's 'Dancing With the Stars' and Fox's 'So You Think You Can Dance.' NBC's 'America's Got Talent,' while not strictly a dance show, includes plenty of hoofing action.

Credit: http://www.popeater.com/2010/05/24/paula-abdul-got-to-dance-judge-cbs/
Back to top Go down
https://paulaabdulfans.forumotion.com

Judge Paula Abdul Has 'Got to Dance' in New Show
Page 1 of 1